BHC Auxilliary - February, 2017 Minutes

BROADWATER HEALTH CENTER AUXILIARY

February 21, 2017

The meeting was called to order by Vice President Laura Obert at 1:00 p.m. Those in attendance in addition to Laura and myself were Jenny Clowes, Bonnie Berglind, Shienne Spatzierath, Alex Potter, Mary Lou Shields, Theresa Monson, Marcia Bieber, Hugh vanSwearingen, Kathy Toombs, Nancy Marks, Jan and Bill Hubber, Kyle Hopstad, and Kathy Conn (16 in all).

The minutes of the January 17 meeting and the January 30 special meeting were read and approved.

Nancy Marks reported on the meeting that she had with Kellie McBride on fund raising ideas. She gave a brief overview of the ideas and gave each of us a printed page to take home, read, and decide if this is something we would be interested in doing.

Jenny Clowes reported on the Treacy Foundation Grant. She reported that the ultrasound was purchased by the BHC Foundation, so that doesn't need to be in Treacy grant request. She doesn't have figures yet for the painting of the rooms that will be refurbished. Jenny and Nancy will get together next week and finish the revised grant.

Jenny further reported that the security cameras came in under $8,000 and is underway. The signage is ordered. Rooms 107 and 108 are completed. She showed us a television ad that is being aired on area stations.

Jan Hubber gave a financial report. Our balance is $8,597.72. The motion to approve was carried.

Kyle Hopstad reported that seven rooms are now available in the nursing home due to recent deaths of elderly residents. This is a concern because we must have 35% of the 32 beds filled with private pay patients in order to have a positive cash flow. There is competition now with two other assisted living facilities in town. We have no control over this. We need the funds from the county commissioners or we can't continue.

Alex Potter reported that she has no immediate needs for the nursing home residents. She will be bringing some of them to the Leprechaun Festival next month.

There followed discussion on the Leprechaun Festival. It was decided to charge $5 for quilt raffle tickets (6 for $25) and not include a raffle ticket in the cost of the lunch. There will be an additional raffle for two weekend nights at Fairmont Hot Springs for two persons. These raffle tickets will also cost $5 (6 for $25). The package will cost us $395 and Nancy reported that she already has a $250 donation to help cover the cost. She will find another donor to pay the rest.

Nancy has solicited funds for the auxiliary from several local businesses. This will eliminate the need to go to the merchants asking for donations. The silent auction at the Leprechaun Festival will be smaller this year and have items with more value. It was decided not to have a bake sale. Marcia will do a 50/50 fundraiser. The deadline to let Nancy know what you are donating to the silent auction is March 6. The Salladays are donating six salmon/halibut packages this year and Wheat Montana will again be asked to donate 13 dozen rolls.

Jackie Kynett has asked us to get the auxiliary bins out of her storage shed. Marcia Bieber offered to store them. She will meet with Jackie to make the transfer.

The next meeting will be on March 7 at 1 p.m.

There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 2:15 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Jeanne Randolph, Secretary

c:  Donna Harper

c:  Shienne Spatzierath