BHC Auxilliary - February 2019 Minutes

BROADWATER HEALTH CENTER AUXILIARY

February 5, 2019

 

The Broadwater Health Center Auxiliary meeting was called to order by Nancy Marks at 7:04 p.m. There were 12 persons in attendance on a snowy evening. The minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved. The financial report showed a balance of $11,652.39. The financial report was approved.

The man who received the wheelchair that we purchased several months ago is very pleased. It has improved his quality of life. It is a wonderful chair and will stay with the hospital when this gentleman no longer has need of it.

Alex Potter asked us to consider purchasing a sound system. It will be used for church services, Bingo games, etc. Many of the residents have problems hearing. Alex will shop for it and report back.

Kyle Hopstad reported that the staff has pledged $50,000 to help meet the matching funds requested by an anonymous donor of $100,000. The donor has asked the community to raise $100,000 to match his donation. He also reported that Broadwater Health is looking into joining other hospital systems in the state. There is a new Physicians' Assistant in the clinic. Her name is Lisa Zimmerman and she is being well received by the community.

Jenny Clowes reported that there is a Community Health Needs Assessment meeting coming up on March 5th. She asked for two or more volunteers for the committee from the Auxiliary. Jena Smith and Jeanne Randolph volunteered to serve on the committee.

Old Business: The group agreed that we should proceed with the Leprechaun Festival on March 16 as it is a good community event in the winter. Jan Hubber will chair Advertising; Alex and Jenna will chair Silent Auction; Bonnie and Jeanne will chair the food committee; Jenny will procure the school and get help with set up and tear down; Marcia will do the 50/50 raffle; Kathy T will contact the Eliels for music; Alex will order ice cream and bowls for dessert. Kathy T will order rolls from Wheat Montana and Alex will pick them up; Nancy will write an article for the paper and look into a Fairmont package to raffle off; Kathy T and Kathy S will sell tickets at the door.

We agreed to have additional planning meetings on February 19 and March 12 at 7:00 p.m.

The meeting adjourned at 8:10 p.m.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Jeanne Randolph, Secretary

c: Donna Harper, Vic Sample, Jaque Swenson