BHC Auxilliary - June 2019 Minutes

BROADWATER HEALTH CENTER AUXILIARY

June 18, 2019

The BHC Auxiliary meeting was called to order by Donna Harper in the hospital conference room at 7:03 p.m. There were 17 members and guests in attendance. The minutes were read and approved. The treasurer reported a balance of $5,488.94. Her report was approved. She shared the financial reports from the Rodeo BBQ for the past two years.

RODEO BBQ: There was some discussion as to whether or not we should have the BBQ. After some discussion, it was decided to move forward with this community event. Keith Kirscher agreed to cook the meat again with his team. Laura and Brian Obert will be asked to set up the tent. Jan will contact Rotary to bring the tables and chairs. Nancy will do the advertising (one ad in the paper and the rodeo program).We will not do fliers. Sheinne will do facebook/social media advertising and will ask Ernie Forrey to put it on the community calendar.

Jeanne will order three big garbage cans from the city. Jan will pay for the fiddlers from Dillon. We will also ask the Eliels to play when the fiddlers are in the parade and eating. Fiddler band members will be given a BHC token for their food. Parents of the musicians must pay for their meal. Alex will provide these tokens. Nancy is the contact person for the fiddlers.

Marcia, Shienne, Alex and Jenny will take care of the cole slaw.

Jan, Marcia, Nancy and Leota will prepare the beans. Jeanne will get the cookies from either Costco or Van's IGA. Kathy T. will order the buns and Alex will pick them ujp. Donna will make the BBQ sauce using Bonnie's roaster. Bonnie and Jan will work the money table. We will not provide soda; but water, lemonade and ice tea will be served.

Donna will buy the following supplies at Costco: sectioned paper plates, plastic forks and knives, napkins, paper cups, foil. Keith orders the beef from Bob's.

Brad Campbell was asked what is going on with the hospital. He stated that we have had a lot of discussion with St. Peter's, but nothing concrete. They have sent their teams and department heads down to look things over, but we have nothing in writing from them at this point. There are two other entities that are showing an interest. There is no commitment from any of them. Marcia Bieber added that the members of the board are interested in getting the best partnership for the community and the best possible health care.

Jenny announced that there is a community meeting on June 25th to respond to the communithy health survey. She also told us that TeleHealth goes live next week. We have a three-year grant for this.

The next meeting was set for July 9th at 6:00 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Jeanne Randolph, Secretary

c:  Donna Harper, Shienne Spatzierath, Jaque Swenson