- Financial Assistance
- Patient Portal
- Patient Services
- Support Services
- BHC Calender
- Hospital District
- BHC Auxiliary
- Contact Us
- About Us
Don’t Forget Our DAT Services
Submitted by vsample on Fri, 08/05/2016 - 14:15
Direct Access Testing (DAT) is a service offered by Broadwater Health Center (BHC). DAT allows you to order your own lab tests without a doctor’s or-der. It’s convenient, affordable and fits into busy lifestyles and schedules.
This may be of particular interest to those patients whose health insurance plans do not cover certain wellness, screening, or health maintenance tests. Medicare patients may find this service beneficial, since many annual screening tests are not covered or may not be paid because of frequency limits. This lab service also allows you to order tests based on your health concerns.
More About DAT:
- No appointment, just walk into the BHC lab the FIRST WEDNESDAY of every month between 6:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Order the tests and we’ll send the results directly to you (no Physician Order needed).
- Payment by cash, check or credit card is required at the time of ser-vice (your insurance company will NOT be billed).
- Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You are encouraged to share your results with your health care provid-er and are responsible for contacting a physician if you have questions, receive abnormal results or feel un-well.
- For most tests, you will not need special preparations. A 12 hour fast is recommended for the lipid, chem-istry screen and diabetes check.
BHC offers a wide range of test through their DAT service. Please call 406-266-3186 and ask for the lab to find out which tests are available and the costs.