- Financial Assistance
- Patient Portal
- Patient Services
- Support Services
- BHC Calender
- Hospital District
- BHC Auxiliary
- Contact Us
- About Us
Become A CNA In Just Three Weeks At A Reduced Cost
Submitted by vsample on Fri, 08/05/2016 - 14:21
Ever thought of being a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)? If you want to work in healthcare but don’t see college as being a good choice for you, or you want to earn some money before you enroll in your dream university so you don’t have to worry about amassing a huge amount of student debt, you should consider becoming a CNA. Or perhaps you are retired or just looking for a good part time job. CNA classes are being offered locally at Broadwater Health Center (BHC) and here are reasons to consider signing up:
Top Reasons For You To Become a CNA
- Steady Employment & Better Pay—One of the top rea-sons to become a CNA has always been that the work is steady and you can find a job in almost any community. CNA positions also typically have a starting pay 35% or more above minimum wage.
- Training Doesn’t Take Months—Training at BHC only takes three weeks!
- Gives You a First Hand Opportunity to Experience a Health Care Career—In addition to caring for patients, you will also find yourself working shoulder to shoulder with other nurses. This give you the perfect opportunity to see what their professional life is like, and helps you decide if you would be interested in a career as a registered or vocational nurse.
- Increases Your Chances of Becoming a Full-Fledged Nurse—Nursing schools have become very competitive. Some schools now require applicants to have their CNA certification before starting the program. The fact that you’re already certified and have valuable work experience gives you a leg up on the competition.
- Flexible Hours—If you decide to attend college or have other life obligations, you won’t have to give up your job. Facilities often work around a schedule so that you can fit in your classes and obligations while still earning a wage.
- Varied Work Options—If you’re the kind of person who gets bored after spending too much time in one place, you will love being a CNA. You can work in nursing homes, hospices, hospitals, and a wide range of healthcare facilities.
Broadwater Health Center is excited to offer an affordable CNA training program. Another state accredited three-week program begins in June. Classes are limited to 10 students per class. Weeks one and two are Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM. Week three is reserved for clinicals and preparation for the state exam. Other programs have been known to cost upwards of $800 per student. The total cost of the Broadwater Health Center nurse’s aide training program is $355. This price includes the course, BLS certification, and state testing fees. If you're a caring hard-working, compassionate individual looking to become a CNA please contact Leota Gormely at 406-431-8937. Let’s get started!!